- This event has passed.
WDT Connect: Leadership Coaching Circle (Sept – April)
April 1 - April 30
(registration closed – groups in process – check back in Summer 2021 for new groups!)
Mentor/Coaching circles are facilitated groups of 6-8 women leaders who want to grow spiritually and professionally, and who meet to encourage and support each other in an atmosphere of confidentiality and trust.
“Iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another.” Proverbs 27:17, TNIV
Christian women leaders – Do you need a safe place to talk? Maybe you need a sounding board because being a woman at the top can be lonely? Or you have specific issues you’d like to process with other women leaders? Do you want to expand your skill set? Do you want to embrace it, even if in this moment you feel stuck and unable to be used by God the way your heart longs to experience it? Then now is the time to get connected.
Facilitator/Coach: Margie Bowman is a Women’s Development Track Board member and has been a participant and leader of various ministries over the past 25 years. Margie comes with a corporate leadership background in Human Resources, specializing in learning and development. As a Professional Certified Coach (PCC) through the International Coaching Federation (ICF) she has developed mentoring and coaching programs for women leaders in various career and life transitions. Margie has been married for 20 years to Dean and enjoys outdoor activities in the mountains and ocean sports.
What do you get? A guided 8-month, monthly Zoom meeting with your cohort:
- encouragement and support with confidentiality and trust
- connect with peers to generate ideas, problem solve and overcome challenges
- safe place to be yourself and “try on” ideas
- elevate your impact in all areas of your life
- fun opportunity to network with like-minded women
- experience of ways to mentor and coach others
Sharing your stories with others validates your experience as a woman leader. Surrounding yourself with growth-oriented women will expand the boundaries of your vision and give you valuable insights on your challenges through peer-mentoring and coaching.
What does it look like?
- Kickoff: An initial meeting where participants will talk about goals for their circle, including the difference and desired blend between mentoring and coaching. This will also be a time to connect and through icebreakers, introductions, backgrounds and life experiences.
- Alternating sessions:
- Experience: Discussion around chapters of book, review of self-reflection insights.
- Explore: A couple of assigned members will present for discussion a challenge that they are currently experiencing. Balance of group will ask questions and share their own related experience. Practice coaching and mentoring skills as selected by each individual circle.
|Virtual web conferencing||Zoom platform|
|Program Duration||Sept – April (8 months)|
|Number of Sessions||8 **|
(choose the book you prefer when you register)
|7 Deadly Sins of Women in Leadership,
by Kate Coleman
Strengthening the Soul of your Leadership
By Ruth Haley Barton
And, a Personal Self Reflection Log
|Session Timing||1.5 hours|
*Sept 14 week: Coordination via email, negotiate dates together
** Estimate every 4 -6 weeks
What is the session experience?
- What popped into your head recently, or caused you to change something, and others would appreciate hearing about this.
- What actions did you take or new skill did you try that you want to follow-up with the group on and share a success or talk about how to handle?
- Discussion of reading material
- Participants share learnings and insights on and connect to their own challenges. All members provide peer to peer mentoring and coaching to help participant with a breakthrough.
- Discuss individual challenges
- Maybe there was a situation that occurred with an employee/peer/spiritual partner and you felt you resolved it in a way that the rest of the group would find interesting. Or perhaps it didn’t get resolved and the group could help you.
- What are my takeaways? What is one thing I can take action on or try? Where can I improve, starting this week? Share your ideas with each other.
- Circle reflection on quality of session
- What went well today? What surprised me?
- What session type are we doing next?
- After session – self-reflection log
We ask that you make every effort to be present for the monthly meetings since these are small group cohorts that depend on everyone’s participation. We understand that unavoidable absences can happen, but we ask that you approach this experience with a high degree of commitment.
- $250, includes 8 monthly online sessions with professional coach
- Purchase of the book chosen by your cohort as the discussion platform
Register by September 10, 2020
Register and pay online through www.WomensDevelopmentTrack.com – Event Registrations tab, note “WDT Connect – Sept 2020” with your book choice (or no preference.)
Questions? Contact Margie at email@example.com