Upcoming Events › A Global Vision for Women: Engaging Crucial Issues
Events List Navigation
Designed by Wendy Wilson, Exec Dir – Women’s Development Track.
Women hold up at least half the sky and make up more than half the church. Attention to both the plight and giftedness of women across the globe has been called the “moral challenge and unfinished business” of this century. What are the current callings, challenges, and opportunities of the North American church and missions in response? As the scenery around us is changing rapidly, we will grapple toward clarity and impact of issues like:
1) the need for margin in rhythms of work and rest,
2) a surprising survey of women in ministry from the early church to present,
3) understanding the discussion around theology of women and its implications and applications in various settings,
4) efforts to address the prevalence of violence against women around the world,
5) bridging differences in generational culture on technology, morality, sexuality, learning, and social justice,
6) intentionality in nurturing the giftedness of women in our care,
7) collaboration as a key to gospel transformation in the global age.
We will help each other unpack some of the tensions we experience, embrace what is most important to us by faith, and let God speak to us about what He is doing in our day! Some advance preparation.