WDT Connect: Women in Senior Leadership Mentoring Circle #1 (April – November)
September 1, 2018 - December 2, 2019
April – November 2018 FULL – Registration closed. Watch for the next opportunity . . . .
WDT CONNECT: Mentoring circles are facilitated groups of 6-8 women who want to grow spiritually and professionally, meeting to encourage and support each other in an atmosphere of confidentiality and trust.
“Iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another.” Proverbs 27:17, TNIV
Christian women leaders – Do you need a safe place to talk? Maybe you need a sounding board because being a woman at the top can be lonely? Or you have specific issues you’d like to process with other women leaders? Do you need to take a leap of faith? Do you want to embrace it, even if in this moment you feel stuck and unable to be used by God the way your heart longs to experience it? Then now is the time to get connected.
Facilitated by Women’s Development Track Board member: Margie Bowman.
Margie Bowman has been a participant and leader of various church ministries over the past 25 years. Margie comes with a corporate Human Resources background specializing in learning and development. As a Professional Certified Coach (PCC) through the International Coaching Federation (ICF) she has developed mentoring and coaching programs for women leaders in various career and life transitions. Margie has been married for 17 years and enjoys outdoor activities in the mountains and ocean sports.
- encouragement and support with confidentiality and trust
- connection with peers to generate ideas, problem solve and overcome challenges
- a safe place to be yourself and “try on” ideas
- elevate your impact in all areas of your life
- fun opportunity to network with like-minded women
Sharing your stories with others validates your experience as a woman leader. Surrounding yourself with women will expand the boundaries of your vision and give you valuable insights through peer-mentoring.
What does it look like?
- Initial Session: An initial meeting where participants will get to know each other through icebreakers, introductions, backgrounds and life experiences.
- Education Session: Discussion around, and practice of, certain skills as selected by each individual circle.
- Exploration Session: A couple of members will present for discussion a challenge that they are currently experiencing.
|Virtual web conferencing||Skype|
|Launch||Wed, April 11*|
|Program Duration||April – Nov (8 months)|
|Number of Sessions||8 held monthly **|
|Materials||Strengthening the Soul of Your Leadership, by Ruth Haley Barton|
|Session Timing||Initial: 2 hours
Other: 1.5 hours
|Program Feedback||Surveys at mid-point and completion|
* Apr 1-10: Introductions & Coordination via email, may negotiate dates together
** Every Second Wed through Nov 14 2018
What is the session experience?
- What popped into your head recently, or caused you to change something, and others would appreciate hearing about this.
- What actions did you take or new skill did you try that you want to follow-up with the group on and share a success or talk about how to handle?
- Discussion of reading material
- Participants share learnings and insights on and connect to their own challenges. All members provide peer to peer mentoring to help participant with a breakthrough.
- Discuss individual challenges
- Maybe there was a situation that occurred with an employee/peer/spiritual partner and you felt you resolved it in a way that the rest of the group would find interesting. Or perhaps it didn’t get resolved and the group could help you.
- What are my takeaways? What is one thing I can take action on or try? Where can I improve, starting this week? Share your ideas with each other.
- Circle reflection on quality of session
- What went well today? What surprised me?
- How are we developing as a group? Is everyone sufficiently involved, no one too much?
- How can we do better next time?
- What session type are we doing next?
- After session – self-reflection log
- $250, includes 8 monthly online sessions
- Purchase of the book, Strengthening the Soul of your Leadership, by Ruth Haley Barton
- Register by April 4, 2018
- Pay online through www.WomensDevelopmentTrack.com (Event Payments tab, note “WDT Connect” under Other Amounts)
- Email the registration form (top right corner) to firstname.lastname@example.org