- This event has passed.
Creating Pathways (and Reducing Barriers) for Women in Organizational Leadership: Seeing Men and Women Flourish as They Work Together (Los Angeles)
March 29 @ 12:00 pm - March 30 @ 12:00 pm
Creating Pathways (and Reducing Barriers) for Women in Organizational Leadership:
Seeing Men and Women Flourish as They Work Together
March 29-30, 2019 (noon to noon) – Limited places so register soon!
Register at Missio Nexus events
24 is a small gathering of Missio Nexus members who are focused on exploring and growing together around a specific affinity. 24 will take place over 24 hours in a face-to-face setting allowing attendees to quickly gain new insights, build relationships, and grow together on relevant topics and issues.
- Limited to 15 people for more focused interaction and hands on planning (limit to 2 people from any one organization)
- Working retreat atmosphere
- Learn with and from your colleagues
- Spiritual reflection
- Leave with new relationships and insight
- Opportunities for ongoing cohort learning and interaction following event
Facilitated by Dr. Leanne Dzubinski, Dr. Rob Dixon, and Ms. Wendy Wilson
Leanne Dzubinski, Rob Dixon, and Wendy Wilson will lead us in a day of interaction around understanding what is happening in both the research and changing expectations around men and women working together in leadership. What do we have to gain or lose by actively pursuing a more effective blend of men and women working together at the leadership level? We will engage questions and interaction, and make progress on developing effective processes for your own scenario.
- Are the issues traditional, theological or practical?
- What can be easily changed (once recognized) and what is more challenging?
- What might a helpful organizational readiness process look like toward bringing more women into leadership?
- How might expectations be different between home office leadership, field staff, supporting churches?
- As many entities desire to involve more women in their leadership structures (field or executive roles), what might be unintended barriers and unrecognized opportunities in this direction? Why do these gifted women seem so hard to find? And when we find them, why do they seem hesitant to step forward?
- How can we create more avenues to find, develop, support, and retain more gifted women to bring the perspective and talent that we desire for our organizations?
- What characteristics of organizational culture best support men and women working together in leadership?
We will explore 30 areas of unconscious gender bias that have been identified through research and are commonly (and often surprisingly) at play in the ways we function. As we identify those unintended barriers that may be at work in our own organizational cultures, we are free to think creatively about removing and replacing them with processes that more accurately reflect our goals and help us accomplish our mission.
We will also consider a variety of organizational practices that can help us move toward organizational cultures that invite, develop, and support women with leadership gifts and experience. By discussing several case studies from evangelical organizations that have grappled successfully with these issues, we can begin to cultivate readiness, embrace desired change, and establish ongoing pathways to bring the gifts of women more fully to bear alongside their brothers in Christ. The Image of God displayed and at work!
Who is this for?
- Mission Organization Decision-Makers (Executive Level, HR/Personnel)
- Field Staff Leadership
- Church Leadership (Pastors, Elders, Dir. of Ops/Personnel)
- Begins with lunch at 12:00pm on Friday, March 29 and concludes at 12:00pm on Saturday, March 30.
- Includes Friday Lunch and Dinner and breaks
- $200 member price/ $325 non-member price (includes a 1 year membership to Missio Nexus)
- Creating Pathways is being hosted by Foursquare Missions International located at 1910 W Sunset Blvd, Los Angeles CA 9002. Depending on traffic, Foursquare Missions is approximately 30 minutes from Hollywood Burbank Airport and 45-60 minutes from Los Angeles International Airport.
Lodging is not included with registration. Foursquare has limited accommodations. For those interested, please contact Juli at email@example.com.
Other suggested options include:
If you must cancel for any reason, a $25 cancellation fee will be assessed up to 30 days prior to the event. After this time, there is no refund available however, where appropriate, you may substitute someone from your organization.
Please Register Each Individual Separately
Register at Missio Nexus events