Christian Women in History: Women Leaders from the Past
September 4 - September 27
Do you know the rich history of Christian women leaders?
Offered by Christian Women’s Leadership Center: national Woman’s Missionary Union, auxiliary to Southern Baptist Convention
Find out more about this course in particular as well as the certificate program:
https://christianleaderlearning.edu20.com – click on the CWLC tab
$30 (includes course text)
Women Leaders from the Past, taught by Dr. Melody Maxwell, leads participants on a journey to discover the rich heritage of Christian women who have led by
* Spreading the gospel,
* Working for social justice,
* Using their talents,
* Overcoming obstacles.
In this online course, we’ll look at the lives of 25 women from various time periods and places from the past 2,000 years. Participants can be online at any time of the day or night. Discussion boards and forums are open once the assignments are given but can be accessed at any time. We recommend that participants try to complete each week’s assignments (about 3 hours per week) within the week they are assigned in order for participants to pace themselves to complete the course on time; however, the schedule is flexible.
Participants will –
- Watch short informational videos about women leaders from the past
- Discover how women from the past overcame obstacles, used their talents, worked for social justice, and shared the gospel
- Be inspired by the course text as they learn the real hardships of the missionary experience not often told
- Complete reflective surveys and assignments meant to help the participant discover her own leadership opportunities
- Connect with other women in the course through online forums and discussions (There is no set time to be online for these.)
Cost: $30. Online course includes a PDF version of the course textbook.
Materials: All course materials are within the course itself, including a PDF version of the course textbook, The Story of Lottie Moon (WMU), by Cathy Butler. Participants will need a computer or mobile device with internet access.
Lead Instructor: Dr. Melody Maxwell, professor at Howard Payne University
Course Facilitator: Claudia Johnson, leadership consultant, Christian Women’s Leadership Center, email@example.com
Register online here: https://christianleaderlearning.edu20.com – click on the CWLC tab
Learn more about our Leadership Certificate Program here.